Leipzig’s Werner and Bremen’s Rashica:
@BILDSport report that Milot Rashica – the Werder Bremen starlet who has been linked with the Reds as well as the likes of Wolves and Villa amongst others – could be on his way to rivals RB Leipzig. The transfer could thus pave the way (one might assume) for Timo Werner’s exit. But to whom?
Liverpool are, of course, the overwhelming favourites. It is patently clear, however, that the German is a wanted man. @TuttoSport, for example, have linked the 24-year-old hotshot to Inter Milan. The Italian newspaper suggests the three-time European Cup winners could offer a player-plus-cash deal, with Austrian midfielder Valentino Lazaro (currently on loan at Newcastle United) being the potential bargaining chip.
Even more intriguing, however, are the quotes from Bayern Munich’s CEO this week – as cited by Christain Falk of @SPORTBILD – in which he laments his frustrations with the fact Werner has publically snubbed their advances. So it’s clear the striking prodigy is up for grabs. And by extension, the BILD‘s report – as mentioned above – reaffirms Klopp’s interest in the forward.
Even the Red Bull chief Ralf Rangnick – who’s expected to be unveiled as the new manager of AC Milan before too long (if you believe the papers) – has had his say. The quotes below are taken from an interview with Bild:
“Timo would fit a club like Liverpool, which is similar to our style of play. I would prefer if he stayed. The best place to see him is where a team switches quickly or quickly counter presses after losing a ball...
Rangnick continued: “Since the arrival of Julian Nagelsmann, Timo has made some progress. His most important weapons are the quick switching movement and his powerful finish. Therefore, he would rather fit a club like Liverpool.”
The continued (seemingly neverending) speculation begs the question: when will Liverpool finally make their move? It also – coincidentally – posits the idea that perhaps Liverpool already have a deal in place. And then there’s the obvious elephant in the room – what impact does the pandemic have on all of this? *Writer shrugs his shoulders*
The inference is this: we just don’t know…
- Roma are preparing to swoop for centre-half Dejan Lovren (the Croatian has one-year remaining on his current deal). And given the Italian’s strong rapport with the Anfield club – just think of the recent transfer dealings between the two – the former are hoping to negotiate a discounted price. That’s if you believe @Gazzetta_it.
- @Le10Sport report Kylian Mbappe has his heart set on a move to Real Madrid. Even so, Klopp has established a strong bond with the young Frenchman and, interestingly, his move to Madrid is said to be totally dependant on Zinedine Zidane’s long-term future.
- As per @footmercato, Tanguy Ndombele is likely to leave Spurs after a disappointing first season. Ndombele, 22, wants to revive is career and Klopp is an interested party. The Evening Standard has since fuelled speculation – here’s the link.
- Pedro Chirivella – the young Liverpool midfielder who made a big impression in the FA Cup this season – is set to move to Nantes after his contract expires. That’s according to French outlet @20Minutes.
- Lloris Karius has an agreement in place to join German side Hertha Berlin. The ins and outs of the potential deal – such as if it’s permanent or a loan – is unknown (@Sabah).
- The Reds are battling it out with Benfica for Talles Magno’s signature. He’s a precocious talent who’s made his name at Vasco Da Gama (@abolapt).